Du er her
Burying the old seed: Around 4 years ago, three friends who had long shared the experience of writing, recording and distributing their own music decided to pool their efforts and create a Bandcamp page under the name of Dendron Records, Dendron being the Greek word for “tree,” and who doesn’t like trees? Nobody you would really want to know. Deep roots, thick skin, patience, letting the wind use their bodies as instruments – there is a lot we can learn from trees. Anyway, none of the three had the capital necessary to start a “real” record label, and they decided to make Dendron a place to to share and promote like-minded music, theirs and others, all with artistic focus, recognizable voices and little hope of commercial success.
Tilling the soil: Since that time, more than 15 artists from 4 different countries have issued more than 50 releases under the banner of Dendron Records, in a wide variety of formats.
Shaking the branches: In 2016, we decided to celebrate what we saw as a satisfying and impressively diverse back catalogue by letting contributing artists pay tribute to one another by each recording a cover of another artist on the label. To leave choice and discussion out of the matter, we ceremoniously pulled names from a fur hat, and let each participant pick a song or a track by the assigned artist to cover.
A Collection of Songs
1. TAIGA TAIGA (covers DreamCamERA) – First Track
2. DreamCamERA (covers Tidebound) – First Morning
3. Tidebound (covers Broken Birdie) – Capital Of Death
4. Broken Birdie (covers Bird Seance) – The Road
5. Bird Seance (covers Mute Swimmer) – Different Name
6. Mute Swimmer (covers Moongazing Hare) – Wild Nothing
7. Moongazing Hare (covers Own Road) – Slow Keys
8. Own Road (covers Teamforest) – Leave The North, Head Southwards
9. Philip Bückle (covers TAIGA TAIGA) – Locvsts
10. TAIGA TAIGA (covers DreamCamERA) – Last Track
Mastered by Mads Bordinggaard Christensen at Mammut Mastering